Our Worship Council was set up in October 2016. Currently the members are Toby, Maddy, Kieran, Joseph, Annabel, Lacey, Lewis and Freddie. We meet on a Wednesday every term (six times a year) with Mrs Bloomer, who is a Licensed Lay Minister from Draycot Benefice.
Our role is to help our school evaluate collective worship and find ways to develop its Christian character. We want to support our school as we develop our values of diligence, respect, kindness, tolerance and honesty.
Our priorities for 2017/18
- To help lead our Christingle service in Christian Malford Church
- To help develop the reflection corners in our classrooms
- To create reflective outdoor spaces in the school grounds
- To create a special altar cloth for our worship table in the hall
- To plan and lead at least one collective worship
- To help in leading the Easter Experience in 2018
- To meet with other Worship Councils to share ideas
Last year we:
- Designed this web page so people know about the Worship Council
- Set up a notice board, so pupils know who the Worship Council is and what we are doing
- Created a guidance leaflet for visitors who lead worship
- Created a scrapbook to help the school and visitors understand what it means to be a church school
- We led a collective worship in school on our value of TOLERANCE and another in the summer term to encourage new volunteers for the Worship Council
- Helped the school to achieve ‘Good’ in the SIAMS inspection
- Met with other Worship Councils across the Draycot Benefice and surrounding villages to celebrate our work, and meet the Bishop of Swindon.